Some of our frying pans have a handle that rivetted to the side of the pan. These rivets have a special ceramic coating and completely safe. The rivets contain Nickel and if the coating were to be removed you could possibly find traces of Nickel in your food.
If you would prefer not to use this type of frying pan, choose a pan with a Bakelite (plastic handle. The handle in these types of pan is screwed onto a buttress on the side of the pan.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How safe is Thermolon?
- Do GreenPans contain PFAS?
- In addition to being PFAS-free, are Greenpan pans also completely environmentally friendly?
- Nickel Allergies
- Does GreenPan use Aluminium?
- Product Comparison
- Does this ceramic non-stick layer work the same as a traditional non-stick layer?
- How and Where are GreenPans made?
- What kind of chemicals are in a ceramic non-stick layer? Are they harmful?
- What is the difference between Thermolon and Ceramic?