Some of our frying pans have a handle that rivetted to the side of the pan. These rivets have a special ceramic coating and completely safe. The rivets contain Nickel and if the coating were to be removed you could possibly find traces of Nickel in your food.
If you would prefer not to use this type of frying pan, choose a pan with a Bakelite (plastic handle. The handle in these types of pan is screwed onto a buttress on the side of the pan.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Are Featherweights Ovenproof?
- Nickel Allergies
- Does this ceramic non-stick layer work the same as a traditional non-stick layer?
- What kind of chemicals are in a ceramic non-stick layer? Are they harmful?
- What is the difference between Thermolon and Ceramic?
- Thermal properties of my GreenPan
- The Cookware Company has its own factory in China producing and coating the pans.
- Using utensils in GreenPan