1. Before cleaning, unplug the appliance and let it cool down before cleaning or storing away. Remove and dispose of grease and fats that have accumulated in the drip tray.
2. Press the plate release buttons to remove the plates for cleaning (See Assembly Instructions). Make sure the cooking plates have cooled completely before handling (at least 30 minutes). The removable plates are dishwasher safe. Do not scrape the cooking plates with metallic objects like knives or forks and do not use a scouring pad for cleaning. Doing so can damage the plates’ ceramic non-stick coating.
3. If you’ve cooked seafood with the Grill or Teppanyaki wipe the cooking plate with lemon juice to avoid transferring seafood flavour to your next meal. The base, cover and control knob can be wiped clean with a soft, dry cloth. For tougher messes, dampen cloth.
4. Refrain from using scouring pads, powders, or chemical detergents.
5. Wipe all surfaces with a clean damp cloth.
6. Use a paper towel moistened with a little cooking oil to remove stubborn stains.
7. Wash the drip tray in warm soapy water, or in the top rack of the dishwasher.
8. Don’t use scouring pads, wire wool, or soap pads.
9. At the places where the top and bottom plates make contact, the non-stick surfaces may show signs of wear. This is purely cosmetic, and will not affect the operation of the grill.