The handles of our pans have been designed to stay as cool as possible, but we still advise you to use oven mitts or a heat resistant cloth during continual use of the pan or if the oven is hot. If a metal handle has continually been above direct heat, it will inevitably heat-up. The main difference between a metal handle and a normal handle, is that a metal handle will take longer to heat-up.
A handle that has become overheated, can be caused by over exposure to naked flames, the pan overheating or unnecessary heat applied to the sides of the pan.
Ensure that gas flames never rise above the silver flame guard, as it is there to prevent the handle overheating.