To get Started, place the GreenPanTM Contact Grill / Panini Press / Teppanyaki on a clean, flat surface. The appliance has three different positions:
CLOSED POSITION Top plate / cover rests flat on lower plate / base. This is the standard Starting and heating position for the contact Teppanyaki / Griddle or panini press functions.
OPEN POSITION Top plate / cover is open. Open the cover to this position before using the appliance as a contact Teppanyaki / Griddle or a panini press. To adjust the appliance into the open position, lift the handle until you feel it move to a steady position. The Teppanyaki / Griddle will remain in the steady position until you close the cover or move it to the flat open Teppanyaki / Griddle position. The top plate / cover will stay in an upright position until you lower the handle for cooking. When you lower the handle for cooking the hinge will self-release to allow the top plate / cover to lie flat on your food and ensure total contact and cook your food evenly.
FLAT POSITION Top plate / cover is opened so that the top and lower plates are level and create a single cooking surface. When opening the cover to the flat position, hold onto the handle, press the cover release button on the right of the unit and pull the handle back until the grill touches the countertop. Remember to put the drip tray into position to support the upper grill at the centre.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- What are the different positions of the GreenPan Contact Grill?
- What are the different plates for when closed?
- What are the different plates for when open?
- How do I install and remove the baking trays?
- How do I set up my GreenPan Contact Grill?
- Can I touch the lid of my GreenPan Contact Grill during use?
- What is the sear function and how do I use it?
- What dishes can I prepare on my GreenPan Contact Grill?
- Can I use metal utensils on the plates of my GreenPan Contact Grill?
- The timer on my GreenPan Contact Grill is not counting down, what should I do?