PFAS is a collective name for a group of so-called “Forever Chemicals”, and an abbreviation of Poly- and Perfluoroalkyl. In traditional non-stick layers PFAS is used on many pans, due to their specific qualities: PFAS are highly heat resistant and extremely water, fat and dirt repellent which makes them highly versatile and commonly used in rain jackets and water-resistant shoes.
Since our introduction in 2007, all GreenPans have been produced PFAS-free. Greenpan has been a pioneer in this field, so now, anybody who loves cooking, can choose the very highest quality ceramic non-stick pan. By having no PFAS in their products, Greenpan also guarantees that their products are a durable and sustainable alternative for more traditional pans with a PFAS non-stick coating
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How safe is Thermolon?
- Do GreenPans contain PFAS?
- In addition to being PFAS-free, are Greenpan pans also completely environmentally friendly?
- Nickel Allergies
- Does GreenPan use Aluminium?
- Product Comparison
- Does this ceramic non-stick layer work the same as a traditional non-stick layer?
- How and Where are GreenPans made?
- What kind of chemicals are in a ceramic non-stick layer? Are they harmful?
- What is the difference between Thermolon and Ceramic?