The handles of our pans have been designed to stay as cool as possible, but we still advise you to use oven mitts or a heat resistant cloth during continual use of the pan or if the oven is hot. If a metal handle has continually been above direct heat, it will inevitably heat-up. The main difference between a metal handle and a normal handle, is that a metal handle will take longer to heat-up.
A handle that has become overheated, can be caused by over exposure to naked flames, the pan overheating or unnecessary heat applied to the sides of the pan.
Ensure that gas flames never rise above the silver flame guard, as it is there to prevent the handle overheating.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- The bottom of my pan is not completely flat, is this correct?
- How can I remove brown/black spots from the non-stick layer of my cooking pan?
- My cast iron or enamelled pan has burnt food on the inside. What can I do?
- Can I use my GreenPan on my AGA oven/hob?
- My stainless-steel pan has discolouration or white spots on it. How can they be removed?
- Removing stickers
- How do I Clean and store my GreenPan
- Strange smell while cooking on gas
- Stains on the hob
- My stainless-steel pan shows discolouring after cooking on gas